If your boiler stops working, the first thing to check if you have a system with a pressure gauge is that there is sufficient water pressure in the heating system.
- Find your systems pressure gauge and ensure the needle is pointing to 1 when the system is cold.
- If the pressure is below 1 Bar then you need to introduce water to the system via something called a filling loop.
- Open the filling loop valve(s) and watch the needle rise to 1 Bar.
- Once the pressure is at 1 Bar, turn off the filling loop valve(s)
- It is normal for the system pressure to increase up to 2.5 Bar when in normal operation.
- If the pressure rises above 3 Bar, call us in order to arrange a visit.
See the guide videos below for the most common methods of repressurising.
Normal filling loop
Worcester 'T' peice filling loop
Worcester Keyless filling loop
Ideal boilers filling loop